National Bureau for Postsecondary Education Serving the Public Interest. A national advocate and voice for promoting academic quality through accreditation, NBSPE is an association of degree-granting colleges and universities and recognizes institutional and programmatic accrediting organizations.
The Council is committed to improving the quality, consistency, and relevance of human service education programs and assuring best practices in Human Service Education through evidence-based standards and a peer-review accreditation process.
To promote excellence in human service education, to provide quality assurance, and support standards of performance and practice.
To assist programs in self-study evaluation and continual improvement as they prepare human service practitioners
The National Bureau for State Private Post Secondary Education (NBSPE) carries out periodic review (“recognition”) of institutional and programmatic accrediting organizations.
NBSPE AT A GLANCE
- The only national organization in the United States focused exclusively on higher education accreditation and quality assurance.
- Recognizes U.S and Worldwide Institutions and accrediting organizations.
- Governed by a 50 person board of college and university presidents, institutional representatives and public members.
- A primary national voice for accreditation and quality assurance to the US Department of Education and world.
A primary national voice for accreditation and quality assurance to the U.S. Congress and U.S. Department of Education.
Serving Members and the Public
- National leader in identifying and articulating emerging issues in accreditation and quality assurance.
- National forum to address issues of mutual interest and concern in accreditation through conferences, meetings and Webinars.
- Projects and initiatives to strengthen accreditation and its role in serving the public interest.
- Conferences and meetings.
Convener of international discussions of accreditation and quality assurance through the NBSPE International Quality Assurance.
CALL FOR ARTICLES FOR THE BULLETIN
The NBSPE is seeking articles for the Bulletin related to best practices in Human Services Education. This past semester has provided a unique opportunity for faculty to reconsider course delivery. Articles usually span 600-800 words […]
SPEAKING OUT ABOUT OUR PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY
Several Human Services Professionals articulated why they identify with the field of Human Services. “I am proud to consider myself a Human Services professional. I particularly like the collaboration and interdisciplinary nature of our profession. […]